Reach Out & Meet
The Miami Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department is your new best friend!
Contact the Parks Operations office:
Lars Bergquist, Superintendent of Parks Operations,
305.755.7800 | email@example.com
They will want to know:
- which park
- project info (dates, activities)
- design/sketch (if applicable)
- how they can help
The Operations office will coordinate a meeting with your team, the appropriate Park Manager, and the Operations staff to discuss your project. Take the opportunity to meet them face-to-face from the start.
Work it Out & Get It Done!
The Parks Operations office and the local Park Manager will be incredibly helpful in making your project happen. They will:
- discuss feasibility and restrictions
- issue an MOU (see a sample)
- assist in pulling county permits, if any are needed
- help you get liability insurance coverage
- connect with their volunteer network, if needed
- provide guidance on getting additional financial support
If your project is free to the public, the County Parks Dept will likely waive your special events fee.
Need to go back to the main Parks page?
Ready for the next step?
The Big What If...
What if the spot I though was a park, isn't actually a park?
Once you did a property search, you may have realized that the empty lot you thought was a park, is actually operated or owned by someone else. Select the closest type of space it actually is: